ALTON ASSEMBLY ROOMS, COMMUNITY CENTRE AND
SHOPMOBILITY Tel: 01420 85057, websites: www.altonassemblyrooms.com and www.altoncomcen.org.uk
Alton Climate Action Network (ACAN) bringing people together to tackle the climate emergency www.altonclimatenetwork.org.uk
ALTON COMMUNITY CUPBOARD, 3 Westbrook Walk, Alton, GU34 1HZ. Giving away surplus food, no referrals needed. Open daily from 11:30-13:00 except Sundays.
ALTON & DISTRICT RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION, www.adra.community
ALTON FOODBANK, Market Square, Alton. 07773 034447 www.altonfoodbank.org.uk
ALTON REGISTRY OFFICE, 4 Queens Road, Alton. Tel: 0330 555 1392 www.hants.gov.uk/registration
ALTON SOCIETY, www.altonsociety.org.uk
ALTON SPORTS CENTRE, Chawton Park Road, Alton, GU34 1ST. Tel: 01420 540040, www.everyoneactive.com/centre/alton-sports-centre
ALLOTMENTS, To apply for a plot or if you have any questions contact Alton Town Council, Tel: 01420 83986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
BANKS AND ATM’s, Several well-known bank branches with ATM’s are in the High Street. With ATM’s also outside Sainsbury’s, BP Petrol Station, Tesco Express and inside Raven Square Convenience Store.
CITIZENS’ ADVICE BUREAU, Market Square, Alton, GU34 1HD. Tel: 080 8278 7901, website: www.citizensadvice.org.uk/local/east-hampshire
• The Wilson Practice, Anstey Road, Alton. Tel: 01420 84676. www.wilsonpractice.co.uk
• Chawton Park Surgery, Chawton Park Road, Alton. Tel: 01420 542542. www.chawtonparksurgery.nhs.uk
EDUCATION, Find out about education service in Hampshire including finding a school, holiday dates, apply for a school place, transport, and free school meals - www.hants.gov.uk/educationandlearning
• Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital and A & E (24 hours casualty services), Aldermaston Road, Basingstoke, RG24 9NA. Tel: 01256 473202
• Alton Community Hospital (no emergency department) Chawton Park Road, Alton, GU34 1RJ. Tel: 0300 003 2196
JOB CENTRE, Alton Job Centre Plus, 1-3 Butts Road, Alton. Tel: 0845 604 3719
LIBRARY, Alton Library, Vicarage Hill, Alton. Tel: 0330 5551387. www.hants.gov.uk/library
• Alton Town Council, Town Hall, Market Square, Alton. Tel: 01420 83986, www.alton.gov.uk.
• East Hants District Council Offices, Petersfield. Tel: 01730 266551, www.easthants.gov.uk
• Hampshire County Council, Winchester. General enquiries tel: 0300 555 1375, website: www.hants.gov.uk.
• Alton Post Office, W H Smith, Westbrooke Walk, Alton, GU34 1HZ.
· Alton Delivery Office, 73 High Street, Alton, GU34 1AA. Tel: 03457 740 740
• Holybourne Shop and Post Office, London Road, Holybourne. Tel: 01420 83323
SOCIAL SERVICES DEPARTMENTS
• Adult Services, Tel: 0300 555 1386, www.hants.gov.uk/socialcareandhealth/adultsocialcare
• Children and Families Services, Tel: 0300 555 1384. www.hants.gov.uk/socialcareandhealth/childrenandfamilies
If you are someone else is in imminent danger, call the police on 999 or 101 if it is less urgent.