Alton In Bloom is a annual competition run by Alton Town Council in recognition of the residents, businesses and volunteers in the community that contribute to making Alton "Blooming" beautiful.
You can download a copy of the 2018 entry form here. The competition is open to residents and local businesses. All the entries will be judged by photographs (a maximum of two digital photographs per category). If you are unable to take the photographs yourself, Alton Town Council will be happy to help.
1. Best Small Garden or Patio (under 5 meters)
2. Best Large Garden or Patio (over 5 meters)
3. Best Individual Planted Container
4. Best Unusual Individual Planted Container
5. Best Commemorative Display
6. Best Community Group Garden
7. Best Schoolchildren's Garden (Pre-School and Primary School)
8. Best Neighbourhood Area
9. Best Residential / Retirement Home Garden
10. Best Commercial Building
11. Best Shop Window Display
12. Alton Horticultural Society - Tallest Sunflower
The closing Date for the Tallest Sunflower is Monday 20th August 2018.
The closing Date for Alton In Bloom is Friday 29th June 2018.
Alton Town Council also provide the displays on lamp-posts and other flower beds around the Town including: The Town Hall, The Assembly Rooms and Lawn, Miss Bells Fountain, Public Gardens and the trough at the Butts Green.
For more information please contact Natalie Beckell, Community & Events Officer on Tel: (01420) 83986 or email: email@example.com